Aug 26 2014

Counting Down To UPSR

Published by at 12:29 pm under JS,Parenting Joy

Hits for this post:1153


CountdownClockCodes.com

In another two weeks time, JS will be sitting for UPSR exam. I am eagerly waiting for it to be over. I don’t know if I am more excited than her that this whole episode is finally coming to an end. I don’t think we are stressed.  Everyday is just like any other normal day, she still have time to rest and draw, I  didn’t really see any unreasonably increased of workload. But I know they have been constantly drummed and brainwashed in school that they should aim to achieve the best to an extend she finds it long winded and annoying and stress inducing. I feel weighed down by it too. I don’t feel stress, but I feel it weighing on me and I just can’t wait to heave a sigh of relief when the whole thing is over.

We are not aiming for 7As for sure. She has never been a straight As student. All these 6 years, she had it easy and relaxed. Only this year, I started to put a little emphasis on her that she should put in more time for revision. We cut down a lot of homeschool activities. We have not really missed school that much this year compared to the past few years and I gave in to the school and let her join the Saturday extra class and for the last one month even on Sunday too . (Though we often skipped class). As long as she doesn’t get Cs, I am happy with Bs. We know how insignificant this exam is. ( I know too well, I was a straight As student during UPSR but it did not and would know determine how successful one will be in the future. So why waste time and energy on it? ) I told her, as long as you work hard on the 80%, you should have fun and enjoy the other 20% of your time.  Hub and SILs keep telling her as long as she tried her best, that’s is the most important. My SILs even told her, they were never the best in academic but good enough and they are very successful now, as long as she put in effort.

So , here we are , counting down and can’t wait to have it over. So that she can start having sports lesson in school, can draw, and design and can bake like once she used to.  She is planning to host a farewell party at home, we will have loads to do after her UPSR as we need to pack for the move as well and the most exciting and causing me to have anxiety is know whether she will get into the school our choice next year. The result of the entrance exam will be released the day after UPSR exam.  That is one part of the reason why I can’t wait for UPSR to be over. Oh , and the week long school holiday too.

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Blogsphere: TechnoratiFeedsterBloglines
Bookmark: Del.icio.usSpurlFurlSimpyBlinkDigg
RSS feed for comments on this post





Comments Off

Comments are closed at this time.

Words Of Wisdom

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth

~ Khalil Gibran, The Prophet


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Shuen_Hanh. Make your own badge here.